In the previous post we have already discussed how to check your paper for plagiarism. Today we are going to give you tips how to review an application essay and increase your chances of being enrolled to the University for an MBA program.
Check the requirements for an application essay.
If the guidelines for writing are not mentioned on the University’s website, sign up at the official website of the particular University and search for the list of the writing rules in their system. Take notice of the required word count and the questions that you should discuss in your application essay. Most Universities require only one application essay from you. The application essay usually is 500 words in length.
Choose the structure of your application essay.
Decide which parts and points will be covered in application essay, how these parts will be connected. Make sure to start with an introduction and finish your essay with a conclusion. Think over the plan of your essay and write it down briefly. You should think over the main idea of your application essay.
Below, our experienced writers have provided the simplest structure of the application essay to the University, which they have successfully practiced in writing application essays for our clients for more than 5 years.
- Career objectives for admission to the program.
- How this particular program will help you develop the relevant qualities, skills and knowledge and achieve the career goals outlined above.
- Career plan: how the goals described above will be achieved.
- Which of the qualities, skills and knowledge required for the described career plan do you have, and what do you need to improve?
- How can you attract your fellow students and professors? What kind of useful qualities do you have?
Set your career goals and give a description.
Almost all Universities want to know the information about the future career of a student. The description of the student’s career plan should be thoughtful and concrete. Which industry attracts you the most and why? Are there any companies you would like to work for and why? Do you want to start your own business? Describe why have you chosen to be a business owner? What is the area of your interest?
The student should write about his career goals for the next four years. Your career and life goals should be connected.
What if you do not have a detailed career plan so far?
Many students do not have a clear understanding of what they are going to do after the University. In this case, it is necessary to describe the business area you are interested in and explain the admissions committee that during your educational process you are going to develop a detailed career plan.
Talk about your knowledge, skills, and achievements.
What to tell about yourself in an application essay is a difficult question for many entrants. We do not often describe ourselves. However, you can ease the task using our advice and the steps provided below:
- Decide what special skills and experiences are necessary to succeed in the business school and in your future position, and what kind of qualities do you possess. Describe these skills; provide examples from School, previous job, or private life.
- Determine what personal qualities you have will help you to succeed in the chosen profession. Describe these qualities, give more details from your education, personal life, and professional experience.
- If you have a hobby that can be used during your education or help you do something for the University, describe it in brief.
- Give examples of knowledge and skills that are necessary to succeed good results in your career that you would like to improve during the studying; give your points of improvements.
Describe why you are interested in obtaining this degree at the particular University.
Remember that the person reviewing your application will be an expert in the relevant subject area, and it will be important to see confirmation of your sincere interest in this Degree and its understanding.
Put all the parts together.
Following the provided structure of the application essay, make the first draft and review it. Then, make sure that all parts of your essay are set logically and the text is readable and coherent.
Check and edit the application essay.
Write down your thoughts sharply and clearly. Limit the length of the sentence to 12-20 words. Avoid formal tone and try to be coherent. Write in a way that is easy to understand. Make sure that each sentence contains relevant information.
Check spelling, typos, grammar, and punctuation. You cannot count on the “Spell Check” or online proofreading tools. Send your essay for a free review to our professional editors. They will make sure that your essay does not contain any errors.
Read your essay out loud to your friends or family. Make sure that the content is understandable to the readers.